Have you ever waited in a long line to check your bag? Those days are long gone, thanks to the bag-drop shortcut available exclusively in the United app.
United is one of the first airlines to streamline the bag-check process with our bag-drop shortcut, which allows travelers to skip the line and check their bag in a minute or less, on average. This shortcut provides a special area at the airport for customers to weigh their bag, scan their boarding pass, and get to their flight quickly and easily.
Here’s how to take advantage of our bag-drop shortcut next time you’re at an eligible airport:
• Check in on the United app and select the number of checked bags.
• Find the bag-drop shortcut location at the airport; detailed instructions are available right in the app.
• At the bag-drop shortcut location, place the bag on the scale and scan your boarding pass at the kiosk.
• Your in-app boarding pass will display a purple border and a bag-drop shortcut icon.
• The United team will check your ID and apply the bag tag.
We’ve launched this new feature at all of our U.S. hubs, and have started rolling it out at other airports. Also, customers traveling internationally can use the shortcut as long as they have a green check mark in the Travel-Ready Center on the app.
According to recent customer surveys, the bag-check process is one of the more stressful and time-consuming parts of the travel journey.
This new shortcut makes it smoother and more efficient.
“Our initial customer data proves this free, simple-to-use process saves our customers time and energy as they get ready for their flight,” says Chief Customer Officer Toby Enqvist. “We’re thrilled to be the first to offer this ser- vice to customers who check in on our award-winning mobile app.”
Download the United mobile app to stay updated on your flight and start using the bag-drop shortcut on your next trip.